Saturday 1 February 2014

Guilty pleasure

Lately a nice person said he had an old "bakkie" (27 MHz transceiver).
"That's interesting" I said, and in no time he handed me his Premier CB1000.
Of course I had to give live to this small rig. That was easy; a small amount of contact spray
and resoldering a mic connection made this old Citizen Band device work.



I connected the CB1000 to my G5RV jr antenna and tuned it with the ATU on 11m.
No big deal.
It was interesting to discover that there still is a lot activity on the citizenband in FM mode.
To my surprise I was able to make 2 local QSO's with the 4 Watt FM transmitter, which was a nice experience.

My latest CB activity was in 1978 (if I recall well) when I was 15 years old and still 
living in de Betuwe with my parents.

Maybe I can encourage somebody on channel 14,   27,125 MHz, to study for the N- or F- radio licence...

2 comments:

  1. Altijd Leuk Ron, hier heb ik ook nog diverse bakkies uit het verleden. Ik heb hier op het werk 1 opgehangen. Zit er wel eens op te luisteren maar hoor op een paar DX stations bar weinig. Antenne is een inv-V op zolder. Heb ook nog een complete set voor in de auto met alle bediening in de mike, superhandig. Vroeger in de 80er en 90er jaren leuke dingen mee beleefd. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja heb er destijds ook m'n eerste zend ervaringen mee opgedaan. Leuk hoor

    ReplyDelete